SWOT Analysis of Rana Sugars Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Rana Sugars Ltd
Rana Sugars Ltd
Food Processing and products
Foods and Beverages
Thinking outside the cube
One of the largest integrated sugar manufacturing companies in India
Industrial users of Sugar and related products
Sugar Brokers and Wholesalers
Driving clean revolution in Sugar industry
1. Located in Punjab, the company is at an advantage as Punjab is a sugar-deficit state. Also, the yield per hectare in Punjab is more.
2. Rana Sugars Ltd. is the first company in the North India which has set up a Co-generation Power Project which was commenced production during March 2002 3. Rana Sugars Ltd. has forayed into number of related businesses including Sugar, Alcohol, Power Generation and Textile Sector and even information technology to achieve diversification and minimize risks
4. It is actively involved with the farming community in order to improve yields and quality of sugarcane
1. Company has a carrying cost of large sugar stocks and suffers from low sugar recovery cost as well
2. Not announcing dividends due to losses reduces the investors’ confidence in the company 3. Over reliance on Sugar products makes the company vulnerable to price fluctuations in the Sugar industry
1. Decontrol of Sugar industry which is under discussion would improve the stability of the industry and will increase the profits of sugar companies 2. Petroleum Ministry has implemented mandatory 5% ethanol blending in petroleum, which provides an alternative market to producers 3. Information Technology skills of the company would enhance the export capabilities of the company once the export of sugar would be opened in India
1. Higher purchase price of sugarcane as compared to sugar sale Prices and increase in financial cost due to higher rate of interest would harm the company’s profitability
2. Cheap sugar imports are harming the existing sugar mills in India and leading them to crisis 3. Continuing Losses may compel the company to close down its sugar operations
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Rana Sugars Ltd. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.