SWOT Analysis of Kashipur Sugar Mills Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Kashipur Sugar Mills Ltd
Kashipur Sugar Mills Ltd.
Food Processing and products
Foods and Beverages
One of the top Sugar industry players
Industrial users of Sugar and related products
Sugar Brokers and Wholesalers
One of the top sugar industry players
1. It is an established player in the sugar industry with an installed capacity of 2500 TCD at its Kashipur plant
2. Acquisition by DSM, which is one of the largest integrated sugar processing company in India provided the much needed technical support and funds to the company 3. After the takeover, modifications were made to increase the cane crushing and reduce process losses, which made the unit achieve better working results
4. The Company has no outstanding term loans from banks/FIs instead of belonging to the Sick Industrial Companies Act 5. Presence of temporary labor force during peak period ensures maximum profits
1.The Company has not been able to achieve desired utilization levels on account of various technical limitations in its manufacturing process 3. Not announcing dividends due to losses reduces the investors’ confidence in the company
2. The Company continues to suffer on account of inadequate availability of sugarcane
1. Venture into alternate sources of generating power provides a huge opportunity to KSML, which the company is not doing at present 2. Decontrol of Sugar industry which is under discussion would improve the stability of the industry and will increase the profits of sugar processing companies
3. Petroleum Ministry has implemented mandatory 5% ethanol blending in petroleum, which provides an alternative market to producers
1. KSML has only one manufacturing plant which increases its risk in case of a plant failure or maintenance issues
2. Cheap sugar imports are harming the existing sugar mills in India and leading them to crisis
3. Sugar industry is very volatile as many factors including rainfall, cultivated area and transportation cost affects sugarcane prices and hence make this industry unpredictable
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kashipur Sugar Mills Ltd. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.