Ugar Sugar Works Ltd SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Food & Beverages, Total Reads: 773
SWOT Analysis of Ugar Sugar Works Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ugar Sugar Works Ltd
Shirgaokar group of companies
Food and Beverages
A sweet tradition
Known for production of quality white crystal sugar
Industrial users of Sugar and related products
Sugar brokers, wholesalers and food processing industries
Quality producer of white crystal sugar
1. Involved in the manufacture of white crystal sugar for over 65 years hence well-established. 2. It has installed a full- fledged waste water treatment plant. The treatment system consists of Biomethanation followed by Evaporation & a Dryer System, a technology that has been adopted for the first time in India. 3. It has good R&D capabilities.
4. It has come up with a lot of innovation like auto cane feeding system before the mills. 5. As a Diversification cum Tax Saving Measure the Company has decided to set up Four Wind Mills in Tamilnadu for Wind Power Generation.
1. Volatility in sugarcane prices. 2.Sugar industry is obliged to supply 10% of its production at substantial concessional price, much below the cost of production, to the Government for supply to the Public Distribution System (PDS).
1. Scope for technology upgradation. 2.Opportunities in terms of export to new emerging markets.
1. Vulnerable to political interests 2.Being in an agro based Industry, inherent risks of the vagaries of monsoon and other natural calamities.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.