SWOT Analysis of Ponni Sugars Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ponni Sugars (Erode) Ltd
Ponni Sugars and Chemicals (PSCL)
Food and Beverages
Partnering with paper to prosperity
A company with a difference because of various features like its backward integration with paper.
Industrial users of sugar and sugar related products
Sugar brokers, wholesalers and food processing industries
Positioned as a company with a difference because of various features like its backward integration with paper
1.It is an efficient and quality producer of sugar, catering to both domestic and international markets
2. The Erode sugar mill has successfully implemented an innovative Lift Irrigation Scheme by bringing in dry lands under cane cultivation, utilizing the effluent discharge of the neighboring paper mill. This has provided many benefits – providing a dependable and perennial source of irrigation to farmers in the neighborhood, resolving the raw material needs of sugar and paper mills
3. It Pioneered long sugar season 4. It is a very Customer focused company 5. Innovative structuring as backward integration to paper.
1. Volatility in sugarcane prices. 2.Sugar industry is obliged to supply 10% of its production at substantial concessional price, much below the cost of production, to the Government for supply to the Public Distribution System (PDS).
1. Scope for technology upgradation. 2.Opportunities in terms of export to new emerging markets.
1.Cheap sugar imports are harming the existing sugar mills in India and leading them to crisis
2. Sugar industry is very volatile as many factors including rainfall, cultivated area and transportation cost affects sugarcane prices and hence make this industry unpredictable.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ponni Sugars Ltd. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.