SWOT Analysis of Barton Brands with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Barton Canada Ltd
Food and Beverages
Barton Brands, Ltd
Whole range of Bourbons, Whisky, Gin rum, scotch, Tequila, Schnapps and Vodka.
Individuals above 21 years of age (exception: schnapps)
Reasonably priced spirits
1. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve
2. Kentucky Tavern
3. Very Old Barton Bourbon
4. Old Thompson American Whiskey
5. 99 line of schnapps
6. Fleischmann's Vodka
7. Kentucky Gentleman
8. Barton Gin
9. Monte Alban
1. Established flagship products like Old Thompson. 2. Bought out by Alcohol beverage giant The Sazerac Company. The largest distilling company in the United States.
3. Network of regionally strong, popular-priced brands that are in demand by large segments of consumers.
4. Market insights to bring brands to consumers around the world while continuing its radiant record of expansion.
5. Good brand presence and stable financial position
1.The company stated that the main focus of its business is bourbon. High dependence on single product.
2. Global market share is limited as compares to leading beverage brands
1. The company publishes a Sazerac recipe and produces Peychaud's Bitters named after Peychaud, which is an essential ingredient in the Sazerac cocktail. It can market its cocktail recipe and explore revenue aspects in the field like chain of signature Cocktail bars.
2. More penetration in global markets
3. Acquisition of smaller players
1. Existence of other competing distilleries like Constellations Brands and Brown Forman Corp.
2. Maintaining compliance with different government regulations and norms in different countries can lead to constant change in product features (non-standardization).
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.