SWOT Analysis of Boag's Brewery with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
Brewing Tasmania’s finest since 1881
Noted for their quality and style, finest quality ingredients
Anyone who consumes alcoholic beverages
Men, above the legal age, who prioritise high quality
High quality premium beer with several variants
1. Fierce loyalty among residents of northern Tasmania towards the brand 2. Boag’s centre for brewery lovers (Boag’s Brewery) holds functions for special occasions 3. Competitively priced 4. Strong advertising and marketing campaigns
5. The brand also promoted a boags house for beer which is widely recognised
1. High distribution costs as the company only brews in Tasmania 2. Since they source all their ingredients locally, they are highly susceptible to changes in prices of raw materials 3. Saturation and low growth in mature beer markets of Australia, US
1. Expansion into emerging markets like Asia by establishing breweries etc. 2. To introduce a line of low calorie beers 3. Acquire smaller companies to establish brand
1. Increase in perception that beer is unhealthy compared to wine and other alcoholic beverages 2. Trend for micro-breweries, handcrafted and specific beers 3. Rising popularity of Tasmanian wines in comparison to beer
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Boag's Brewery. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.