SWOT Analysis of Ravenswood Winery with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ravenswood Winery Inc
Constellation Brands, Inc.
Food and Beverages
No wimpy wines
Distinctive wines from the pioneer of California’s heritage grape
Standard beverages and wines
All wine customers i.e value based, mid-range and high end.
Sellers of unadulterated, unapologetic, unfussy, unwimpy wines for all segments of customers.
1. Brand known for its complex wines, especially “Zinfandel”. 2. The company's brands include value-priced Vintners Blend, mid-priced County Series, and higher-end Vineyard Designate, catering to all the segments.
3. Five years into the acquisition, Constellation has more than doubled Ravenswood's production. (Strong parent brand support)
4. Strong Cult following and critical acclaim for its hypnotic logo: most tattooed symbol in the wine biz.
5. Recession has little effect on the America’s wine business and also the practices don’t have to be adjusted with climatic conditions unlike in Northern Europe.
1. Doesn’t believe in adopting or exploring new methods. Still stands by their love of old-vine varieties and traditional old-world wine making business.
2. Doesn’t market Natural Wines
2. Production limited to region around Sonoma Valley Headquarters.
3. Selling restricted within the states of USA.
1. Increasing its operations and expansion into more areas.
2. More focus on innovation and new variants in products.
1. Value proposition is becoming common: Wines are true to the places where wine grew. Loss of point of differentiation. 2. Competition from growing new-world wine companies. Wineries that are coming in the market with inexpensive zinfandels in pretty packages are the main threat.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ravenswood Winery. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.