SWOT Analysis of De Bortoli Wines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
De Bortoli Wines
De Bortoli Wines Pty Limited
Food and Beverages
Family owned and proudly Australian since 1928.
Genuinely interesting wine styles with a strong regional focus that also offer outstanding value.
Australian family owned; wide range of wines; Wines have a “sense of place”.
1. De Bortoli Wines is one of the larger privately owned companies in Australia.
2. Nearly 35+ brands under its portfolio.
3. The successful brand, the sweet white “Noble One”.
4. Wineries in three diverse wine growing regions of Australia. Different regions impart different qualities to the brands.
5. The company has vineyards in the same regions as its wineries. Thus, less costs and efficient operations.
6. Awardee Winemaker of the Year by GourmetTraveller WINE
1. The high sugar level presents a challenge during processing, making fermentation a long drawn out and a complex process.
2. Rising electrical prices requires frequent upgrade to energy efficient technologies.
1. Australian wine industry is the world's fourth largest exporter of wine. So, a huge market to expand and serve.
2. Wine regions in each of the states of Australia produce different wine varieties and styles that take advantage of the particular Terroir such as: climatic differences, topography and soil types. So, again a good prospect for global marketing.
3. Its Yarra Valley Winery boasts a very popular and highly awarded restaurant featuring Northern Italian inspired cuisine. Diversification into similar sectors can be explored.
4. Expanding the Beer business.
1. Improper care of vineyards leads to huge loss in batches.
2. Problems of cork taint harm the brand image.
3. Maintaining compliance with government regulations at different locations can be challenging and might lead to export rejects in large quantities.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.