SWOT Analysis of Golden North with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Golden North Ice Cream
Ice Cream and products
Food and Beverages
Creating the best Australian Ice Cream since 1923
Gluten Free; Palm Oil Free; Made with fresh milk and cream;
Household Consumers and Parents with young children
Established and trusted Ice cream brand of South Australia.
1. Almost 90 years of ice cream production has earned it status as an official icon of South Australia. 2. Golden North operates the longest milk run in the world from the Barossa Valley to Tennant Creek, over 1200 miles (1950-60s)
3. Winner of many Medals at the prestigious SA dairy awards.
4. Gluten free ice creams for people with allergies.
5. Eco-concerned brand with Palm free products. (Production of Palm Oil has led to the rapid destruction of natural rainforests, particularly in Indonesia and Malaysia)
6. Has a portfolio of large no. of different ice creams and keeps bringing in pop-up products like Cookies and creams, Zoo babies, etc.
1. Multiple changes in ownership led to less focus on the brand strategy.
2. Reach limited to just South Australia though it is quite famous and has a lot of brand equity.
1. Great Brand goodwill in South Australia can be leveraged for taking the brand into other parts of Australia.
2. Expansion into Asia Pacific and other countries.
3. Product development and introduction of more variety of chocolates and related products in its Impulse Range.
1. Spread of cattle diseases and epidemics can harm business. 2. Maintaining good quality and timely processes in perishable category is a challenge. Failure of distribution network or storage facilities can cause huge losses.
3. Milk supply in the region is less. Milk has to be sourced from the region and all fresh cream source is dependent on South Australian dairy farmers.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.