SWOT Analysis of Lion Nathan with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Mitsubishi keiretsu (through Kirin Holdings)
Alcoholic Beverages, milk products and packed consumable food.
Food and Beverages
Lion enrich our world every day by championing sociability and helping people to live well
Lion recognizes the importance of clearly differentiating and developing brands, to excite and engage consumers and grow returns for the customers.
Food and beverages
Various people across all segments
Lion boasts enviable brand portfolio spanning milk, juice, cheese, dairy products, soy beverages, beer, wine and spirits in Australia and New Zealand.
1. Lion employs close to 7,500 people across Australia and New Zealand.
2. Boasts a portfolio of market-leading, household-name brands in beer, spirits, wine, milk, fresh dairy foods, juice, cheese and soy beverages. 3. Significant contributor to the Australian and New Zealand economies through purchase of agricultural goods and retail business.
4. Operations in every Australian state as well as New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
5. The brand has many popular beers and wines which are not only regionally popular but international bands as well
1. Product recalls like Prima Tropicool Twirler Fruit Drink lead to hurting the image
2. Lion’s Beer, Spirits & Wine division in New Zealand saw total volumes decline. Beer business in Australia also declined, which is a concern
3. Operation limited to a few countries so revenues are below expectations as compared to its competitors.
1. Expansion at global level and entering emerging economies for better markets.
2. Opening retail supermarket chains or entering into JV with firms like Wallmart for market development.
3. Focus on Supply chain management to reduce costs.
1. Controversy over product launches like the Tap King draught beer which affects the business of alcohol venues. 2. Trust deficit among consumers due to incidents of product contamination.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.