SWOT Analysis of Benihana with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
At Benihana, it's not just a meal, it's an experience
Japanese Steakhouse - theme and sushi dining
People looking for fine dining , authentic and traditional Japanese food
Upper middle class and business professionals
Japanese theme and sushi dining
1. Strong brand name –charge a premium for products
2. hibachi tables with well-trained chefs cooking in front of customers
3. Limited menu, which resulted in reduction of food storage and wastage costs 4. Market Leader in Japanese theme and sushi dining with approx 100 restaurants in over 20+ countries
5. Over 5000 people are employed with the brand worldwide
1. The company’s small-cap status means it's growing from a much smaller installed base 2. Franchise model limits the level of authenticity, hence not 100% authentic in its food and connoisseurs of Japanese
1. Lower priced food could be sold at side tables to service people not interested in the show / pressed for time 2. Extend menu offerings
3. Global expansion in emerging economies as well as more advertigin to boost brand recall
1. Franchise model poses limitations of consistency of experience 2. Niche target market – sushi lovers means limited market
3. Unorganised market as well as growth of competitors
1. P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2. The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. 3. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Benihana. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.