Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 633
SWOT Analysis of Shirpur Gold with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Metals and minerals
India's first and Asia's largest gold refinery
Metals and minerals
Catering to dealers and Jewelers across the world , catering to quality conscious customers
Positioned as a high quality gold and silver refining company
1. Installed capacity to refine 200+ MT p.a. of gold and silver respectively in Shirpur, Maharashtra. 2. Approximately 3500+ employees 3. Technical capability to refine and fabricate gold and silver up to 999.9 fineness
4. Shares listed in BSE & NSE shows its economic importance
5. To facilitate secured logistics, SGRL has its own airstrip
6. Backed by a strong parent organization
7. CSR activities through Global Vipassana Foundation , Taleem and Ekal Vidyalaya
1. Thin margin in finished gold bars leads to low profits 2. Highly volatile rate of gold in international market causes losses in few quarters 3. Lack of intense dealer network in India
1. Company can take up mining ventures as a backward integration to its refining operations 2. Expansion of its existing product lines by setting up a minting facility 3. As forward integration plan, company must enter into the jewellery space which offers good opportunities for growth both in local and international market
1. Company does not invest enough on Research and development which poses a threat to be technologically backward 2. Loss of investors as no payment of dividend on equity for periods of slow growth 3. Appropriate hedging mechanism required to tackle the fluctuation in gold prices to maintain competitiveness
4. Significant additional competition is in the gold trade and may result in reduced off-take and there by negatively affect the Company’s revenues and profitability.
1. Associated Stone Industries (Kotah) Ltd. 2. Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd 3. Orissa Minerals Development Company Ltd.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.