Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 1083
SWOT Analysis of Vale with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Vale do Rio Doce
Metals and Mining
Minerals and Metals
Generate prosperity, with social and environmental responsibility
Third-largest mining company in the world
Minerals and Metals
Diversified metal and alloy companies across the globe
Positioned as a high technology organization and trusted supplier pf raw materials to organizations in 6 continents
1. High spending on research - signed two MoU's with a chinese firm to prepare a feasibility study on development of nickel processing facility in Morawali district in China. 2. Refining facilities in the United Kingdom, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and China 3. Operates logistics systems in Brazil (railroads, maritime terminals, and a port) to facilitate its mining operations 4. Mining operations in Canada and Indonesia. 5. Primarily operates in Brazil, China and Europe. It is headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 6. Employs 85000 people which shows its strong workforce
7. Operates nine hydroelectric plants 8. Vale, besides being present in Brazilian states is also present in 6 continents: South America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.
1. Accused for refuting environmental policies in multiple countries 2. Operations and profits dependent highly on global economy
3. Many reports have alleged that the company doesn’t have a very good working environment
1. Expansion of operations from logistics to infrastructure in the countries of operations 2. Commercialization and sale of energy through captive power plants in various countries with power crisis 3. Increase of its logistics operations as a business entity
1. Threat of government human rights , land and environmental policies in multiple countries 2. Threat of competition from local firms in different countries 3. Threat of import and tax policies of government
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Vale. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.