Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 947
SWOT Analysis of Newcrest Mining with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Newcrest Mining Ltd.
Metals and Mining
Minerals and metals
Vision is to be the Miner of choice for all stakeholders
One of the world’s largest gold mining companies operating mines in four countries
Integrated electrical equipment organizations , gold distributors and resellers across various countries
Positioned as a community centric organization with fast growth and innovation
1. Strong reserve and resource base , with gold reserves representing decades of production at current rates. 2. Global workforce of around 16,000. 3. Mines are located in Australia, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Indonesia, and in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa. 4. Rapid expansion of operations and markets through strategic mergers and acquisitions 5. The company’s portfolio is comprised predominantly of low cost, long life mines and a strong pipeline of brownfields and greenfields exploration projects. 6. Discovery of new ore bodies remains an important element in Newcrest’s strategy 7. Loyal customer base due to sustained quality produce . 8. Programs for environment and social impact assessment as a part of the feasibility process for existing and new projects
1. Cost intensive operations in major parts of its mines adding to high cost of the produce 2. Unstable Gold and copper prices in the international market has led to sizeable loss to the company
1. Securing of large mineral districts which are under intervention due to local government policies need to come through for sustained growth 2. Captive power plant for mines in developing countries with lack of reliable power 3. Expansion of research in the field of copper refining and extraction
4. Rising demand of Gold in Asia and America leads to a promising market for the company
1. Government and taxation policies have posed a threat on cost reduction policies of the companyreat of sustained revenue and shareholders 2. Delay in acquisition of new mines have posed a threat on future growth plans of the organization 3. Threat of unstable economy around the world poses a threat of sustained revenue and shareholders value
1. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. 2. BHP Billiton Limited 3. Newmont Australia Limited
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.