Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 647
SWOT Analysis of Xstrata with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Glencore (merged with Glencore)
Metals and Mining
Diversified Natural Resources
Two proud histories, one great future
World's largest exporter of thermal coal, world's largest producer of ferrochrome
Supplier of raw materials : Copper,Coal, Nickel, Zinc, Ferrochrome, Platinum, Vanadium, Targeting chemical, alloy , steel and diversified metal industries
Positioned as technology rich organization and as an integrated solution provider for minerals and ores
1. Operations in approx 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and South America. 2. Was one of the largest company on the London Stock Exchange. It had a secondary listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange 3. Highly progressive company in terms of its operations and mergers and takeovers 4. Focus on local community engagement and resettlement policies 5. Corporate social involvement program boosts brand image 6. Operation in consideration of local environment 7. 70,000 employees work as a part of the organization 8. The company's coal operations include 30 mines in four countries (Australia, South Africa, Colombia and Canada), and are headquartered in Sydney, Australia
1. Serious allegations of alleged Tax dodging in the Dominican Republic 2.Causing health and environment Damages at Mopani Copper Mines plc 3. Over a dozen cases of norms and standards violations internationally apart from other controversial cases have been reported
1. Expansion of technology services developed for the company to other companies 2. Process improvement and mergers to be one of the best nickel extraction organization as for the thermal coal 3. The opportunity to come clean in the cases and violations alleged on the firm to increase the shareholders value and its image internationally
1. The merger was highly criticized and could cause major consuming countries such as China to accelerate efforts to expand their own presence in commodities market. 2. Threat of internal rift between top executives and shareholders even after several years of mergers raises question over future leadership 3. Threat of regulatory policies from International forces including UN for its malpractices on environment, human and financial aspects
1. Anglo American plc 2. BHP Billiton Limited 3. Rio Tinto Limited
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Xstrata. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.