KGHM Polska Miedz SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 773
SWOT Analysis of KGHM Polska Miedz with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
KGHM Polska Miedz
KGHM Polska Miedz S.A
Metals and Mining
Minerals and Metals
Vision : To become a major global copper
One of the largest producers of copper and silver in the world.
Gold, Silver and Copper Extraction leads to target worldwide companies involved in refining and redistribution of these products
Positioned as an ambitious organization with vision of becoming largest producer of copper in the world with focus on community and environment
1. Strong fully paid share capital shows its strong financial position 2. The Company holds a strategic interest for the Polish economy and aligns its operations accordingly 3. The company as won the Randstad Award, which is given to the company in Poland who is voted to be the "most attractive" employer. 4. KGHM International is a subsidiary of KGHM Polska Miedź with operations in the USA, Canada, and Chile. 5. The company serves customers across Germany, the UK, France, China, and the Czech Republic 6. Employee strength of 28,000+ makes it a strong workforce 7. Central ideology of the company is to provide employment, community engagement and care for environment .
1. Company needs to modernize its technologies and machinery which is causing high cost of operation 2.Limited Investment in the centralization of purchasing and optimization of production procedures and organization 3. Major new projects like Ajax Mine in British Columbia face protests over Environment pollution speculations
1. Gradual entrance into power sector to keep sustained supply of energy at the mines. 2. Continued investment and growth of the aspired telecom sector for the company 3. Bituminous coal – planned cooperation with a sector partner in the construction of a bituminous coal power plant 4. Key improvements mainly include introducing management mechanisms through goals, staff development programs, and creating a transparent Group structure.
1. Threat of low cost and high on technology and automation organization coming up with lower cost production 2. Threat of sustained profits due to highly volatile international market 3. Government regulatory policies, local bodies protest against pollution and tax structure changes in countries of operations
1. Mining and Metallurgical Company Norilsk Nickel 2. Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile 3. Aurubis AG
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.