Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 513
SWOT Analysis of Orica with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Chemicals and materials
Materials and technology
Clever resourceful solutions
Global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction
Mining industries around the world, Infrastructure organizations of public and private nature
Positioned as organization maintaining stability through continued global economic uncertainty.
1. Orica is the largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets 2. Orica has a strong portfolio of manufacturing and distribution assets strategically located across Australia Pacific, Asia, EMEA, Latin America and North America 3. Orica has a diverse workforce of over 14,000 people, with operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100. 4. Orica continues to cooperate with regulatory authorities and the community to achieve the required results, such as the Botany Groundwater Treatment Plant. 5. Company encourages women empowerment and employment 6. Strong existing sales and distribution network around the world 7. High profitability and revenues at $6.9 billion(2013)
1. Highly competitive market scenario and dependence on financial institutions 2. Fluctuating rates of interest on loans and high cost of operations and raw materials reduces profits
1. Growing demand for products and services provides a sustained future 2. Income level is at constant increase which gives opportunity for expansion of product portfolio and research spending 3. Entry into venture capital and growth of existing markets and customers
1. High external business risk due to nature of operations 2. High and increasing cost of raw materials 3. Increased rates of raw materials
4. High concerns over safety at workplace due to nature of business
1. Austin Powder Company 2. Sasol Limited 3. GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.