Sumitomo Metal Mining SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 739
SWOT Analysis of Sumitomo Metal Mining with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sumitomo Metal Mining
Metals and Mining
Minerals and Metals
Pioneering progress in metalworking for over 400 Years
Diversified products with high research activities
Semiconductor manufacturing organizations , Non- ferrous alloy refineries of Gold , Silver, Zinc and Nickel around the globe
One of the oldest found organization (1590) with a strong philosophical ideology
1. Advanced extraction process which leads to the extraction of Silver from Copper ore 2. Integrated business model giving diversity to company with low cost operations 3. Backed by a financially sound organization with wide operational network 4. Overseas core facilities expanded in various countries providing sustained extraction process primarily in Japan, China, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and North America
5. Including the consolidated subsidiaries total employee base of 8,500+
6. Manufacturing of advanced metals and semiconductors provide a unique position to the company in its sector
7. High paid in capital shows its strong financial position
8. CSR activities and ideologies include ecological balance, recycling, community development , energy efficiency etc.
1. High cost of operations leading to liquidity of share values in past 2. A major weakness is non-ferrous metal ores procurement from third-party producers. 3. Various government reforms and tax structure changes in countries including China and North America has been causing dwindling revenues for the company
1. Huge opportunity resting in the development of the business in advanced metals being operated by the company 2. Expansion of copper mines and development of copper extraction and refining units 3. Opportunity of sustained growth in demand of Gold in the international market primarily US and Asian countries
1. Threat of operations in politically averse countries like China and North America 2. Natural disaster poses a serious threat to the company as the prime operations are in Japan 3. Highly volatile nature of gold prices pose a threat of sustained profits
1. Mitsubishi Materials Corporation 2.Mitsui Mining and Smelting Company
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sumitomo Metal Mining. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.