Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 975
SWOT Analysis of Umicore with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Metals and Minerals
Technology and metals
Materials for a better life
Unique products and sustenance technology
Automobile sector, precision engineering sector, precious metals and stones processing organizations, Semiconductor and solar energy equipment organizations across the world
Positioned as a materials technology company
1. The company has been a component of Belgium's benchmark BEL20 stock market index since its 1991 inception 2. Umicore is now focused exclusively on the recycling of non-ferrous metals and the manufacture of specialized metallic and non-metal products which is most unique in its sector 3. Backed by a strong group with operational presence in various countries like India, Brazil, South Africa ,US etc. 4. Strong existing sales and distribution network 5. Monetary assistance provided by financial organizations for research activities 6. High profitability and revenue with loyal customer base.
7. Technology leadership in semiconductors, recycled products and solar energy 8. Employee base of 14,000+
1. High spending on technology leading to a cap on profitability 2. Limited market for the products leading to strong dependence on distribution and sales network 3. Disinvestment and reincarnation of the company led to loss of shareholders
1. Unique operations in sectors of Catalysts, Energy Materials, Recycling and performance materials gives the opportunity to be in near monopoly condition in present scenario 2. Automotive catalysts segments has huge potential for expansion along with the electroplating and platinum engineered materials 3. High spending on research will lead to improvement of efficiency products like semiconductors and solar cells
1. Rising cost of raw materials 2. Increasing interest rates poses a threat to the profitability of the company 3. High cost of labor and technicians owing to operations 4. Fluctuation in prices and demand of the products due t global economic conditions and procurement by client companies.
1. OM Group, Inc. 2. Johnson Matthey Plc 3. Recylex SA
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.