First Quantum Minerals SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 877
SWOT Analysis of First Quantum Minerals with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
First Quantum Minerals
First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
Metals and mining
Minerals and metals
Diverse products and quick expansion
Alloy manufacturers, precious metals refiners and redistributors around the world
Positioned as a highly developing and society centric organization
1. Rapidly growing mining and metals company operating seven mines and developing five projects worldwide. 2. Diversified products including currently produce copper, nickel, Gold, zinc and platinum group elements 3. Operations are the Kansanshi copper-GOLD mine, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine, the Las Cruces copper mine, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine, the Pyhäsalmi copper-zinc mine, the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine, and the Çayeli copper-zinc mine. 4. Developing projects in Zambia, Panama and Peru that when complete, will increase its annual copper production capacity to more than 1.3+ million tonnes per annum. 5. Increasing annual financial return means financial stability 6. Cobre Panama (Panama) – a large open-pit copper development project under development towards commissioning in Q4 2017
7. Employee base of 1800+
8. CSR activities community centric in nature including AIDS Programs, Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Community Development and Security systems
1. Various projects under process due to regulations from within and domestic governments 2. Faced economic setbacks owing to price fluctuations and tax policies
1. Resolving issues in countries of operations and gain public confidence with community engagement 2. Banking on the increasing demand of Gold in international market could focus on refined gold production 3. Tapping on the precious metals demand internationally by increasing the scope of trade tie-ups and distribution strategy
1. Losses that have been faced by the company like the sale and exit of assets in Congo have been causing investor distress 2. Sustenance of revenues due to price fluctuations of finished goods in international market 3. Threat of competitiveness in technology and operations and competition faced by financially sound rivals
1. BHP Billiton Ltd 2. Rio Tinto Ltd 3. Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to First Quantum Minerals. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.