Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 1766
SWOT Analysis of Korea Zinc with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Korea Zinc Co., Ltd.
Mining and metals
Materials and minerals
Always with you
World class general non-ferrous metal smelting company
Steel, automobile, electricity and construction sector around the world
Positioned as a high technology and growth company and a leader in industrial sector of South Korea
1. Korea Zinc is fully playing its role as an industrial foundation of Korea for basic materials 2. Produces about 1 million tons of total 18 types of non-ferrous metals from zinc to lead, gold, silver, and copper as well as rare metals such as indium and gallium 3. Strong subsidiaries including Sorin Corporation, Sun Metals Corporation Pty., Ltd., KZ Engineering Corporation and Korea Nickel Corporation 4. High growth rate since decades of inception 5. Social responsibility in areas of skill development, child care and health 6. Employee base of 1000+ in workforce 7. Growth and expansion through subsidiaries in the sector of precious metals like Gold and Silver 8. Through its subsidiaries it also engages in the distribution of non-ferrous metals, supply of electricity, gas and steam, provision of storage and transportation services, collection and transport of waste, and operation of other businesses
1. Valuation of the company affecting its investors has been fluctuating due to change in international prices of its products 2. Rising prices of raw materials and labor costs 3. Slow expansion of its subsidiary companies in other countries due to taxes and reform policies
1. Expansion of the distribution and sales network to expand its current markets 2. Increase production in the sector of Precious metals to tap into the growing demand and high profitability 3. Increase investment in the field of rare metals like indium and gallium to establish a loyal customer base
1. Threat of environment pollutions and regulations due to waste materials from zinc and lead smelting contain highly toxic heavy metals 2. Setbacks due to weakening of non-ferrous metal prices at regular intervals 3. Threat of competition in international markets due to highly growing and strong competitors like BHP Billiton
1. BHP Billiton Ltd 2. MITSUI Mining and Smelting Co Ltd 3. TOHO Zinc Co.,Ltd
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Korea Zinc. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.