Zijin Mining Group SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 461
SWOT Analysis of Zijin Mining Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Zijin Mining Group
Chinese Government (state owned)
Mining and Minerals
Minerals and metals
Largest gold producer in China
Gold ,Copper and other non ferrous refiners and redistributors around the world
Positioned as one of the major gold extraction and refiners with customized product options
1. Integrated operations ranging from exploration, mining, smelting and sale of gold and other metal minerals 2. The Company is also involved in the geographic survey business allowing prospects of exploration 3. It acquired a controlling stake in Altynken, a gold miner in Kyrgyzstan, as its expansion strategy. 4. Employee strength of 28,000+ 5. It is also China’s second largest copper miner 200,000+ tonnes 6. Involved in the production or exploration of gold through joint-ventures or subsidiaries in 5 countries: Tajikistan, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Australia and Congo (DRC). 7. It also mines other metals in Myanmar, Peru and Russia. 8. The factory also manufactures customized bars for several banks
1. Strongly criticized for its non disclosure of reports regarding environment degradation and transparency 2. Reported for incident involving a leak of 9,100 cubic meters of acid from the plant’s wet sewage facilities into the Ting River, resulting in serious pollution and the death of 1890 tons of aquatic life
1. Opportunity to fully disclose reports regarding company operations to gain investor confidence 2. International supply chain development through its subsidiaries 3. Development of other non ferrous metals business through its vast open cast mining operations other than for copper and gold
1. Threat of restrictions of expansion in other countries due to its environment sustainability actions 2. Threat of sustained revenue due to highly volatile gold prices in international markets 3. Threat of lack of capitalist reforms in its local and international operations and local community operations due to state owned status of the company.
1. Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. 2. Jiangxi Copper Company Limited 3. China Minmetals Corporation
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.