Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 1120
SWOT Analysis of Alpha Natural Resources with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Alpha Natural Resources
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc.
Metals and mining
Powering the future and running right
Strategic expansion and merger policies
Integrated steel plants and power plants in various nations
One of the largest coal producers in America with focus on sustained development
1. Alpha Natural Resources is a large American producer of metallurgical and thermal coal, second biggest coal miner by market capitalization 2. It also provides services relating to equipment repairs, road construction and logistics (terminals). 3. Alpha operates in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Wyoming, Utah, Illinois, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. 4. Employee strength of 14,000 5. Number of mines up to 150. Notable ones include Belle Ayr Mine and Eagle Butte Mine. 6. Investment in education, social development, art and culture done to enhance the quality of life of neighboring communities 7. Policies and projects focused on reducing the environmental footprint.
1. Alpha Natural Resources settled on a fine and to reduce illegal toxic discharges into hundreds of waterways across five Appalachian states 2. Alpha Natural Resources settled Massey's Upper Big Branch Mine disaster liabilities with the U.S. Attorney with a settlement for the survivors and families of the deceased.
1. Expansion of the mines through acquiring interests in different coal rich countries for secure future reserves 2. Diversification of products through increased exploration and research activities 3. Export of low quality coal to developing nations with lean environment policies
1. Regulatory and environmental policies have constantly been a cause of penalties and suspension of trade 2. Low cost international competitors pose a threat of sustained business for the company 3. Increasing cost of production and raw materials including machinery owing to more than fifty percent underground mines pose a threat of sustained profitability 4. Shift of energy production form thermal to other sources like nuclear ,hydro etc.
1. Arch Coal Inc 2. CONSOL Energy Inc. 3. Peabody Energy Corporation
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.