Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 495
SWOT Analysis of Eldorado Gold with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Eldorado Gold Corporation
Mining and minerals
Minerals and metals
Eldorado is the largest foreign gold producer in China with mines in diverse geographies
Precious metals refineries, smelters and redistributors across the world, integrated steel and alloy companies
Positioned as explorers, developers and producers who create value for communities, governments and shareholders
1. Eldorado owns and operates seven mines and is developing a number of projects 2. Canadian-based, intermediate gold mining company with assets in Turkey, China, Greece, Brazil and Romania. 3. Headquartered in Vancouver, Eldorado's offices and operations employ over 7,000 people worldwide 4. Company operates as a decentralized business unit with the majority of employees and management being nationals of the country where offices are located. 5. Eldorado produced approximately 660,000 ounces of gold in a year and had proven and probable gold reserves of 25+ million ounces. 6. Eldorado is the largest foreign gold producer in China and operates the largest gold mine in Turkey 7. Local communities engagement through creating direct and indirect employment opportunities, minimizing the impact of its operations, and making investments in health, infrastructure and education.
1. Foreign nation operation faces tough local government regulatory and operational policies 2. Highly volatile gold and silver prices internationally lead to unsustainable profits
1. Increasing the production of non ferrous and ferrous metals like Lead, Zinc and Iron which form a small part of the revenue currently 2. Increase and improve community engagement to enhance corporate image in various countries of operation and face less opposition 3. Captive power plant in mines in various locations for a sustainable supply of energy to improve production capacity
1. Opposition by local people and government in countries of operation poses a threat of sustained operation 2. Volatile price of precious metals in international markets causing variation in profits and investor value 3. Changes in the tax policies of the supporting financial institutions pose a financial threat to the organization
1. Sino GOLD Mining Ltd. 2. Zijin Mining Group Co., Ltd. 3. Anatolia Minerals Development, Ltd
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.