Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 1837
SWOT Analysis of Oshkosh Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oshkosh Corporation, U.S.
Heavy Equipment and Engineering
To move the world at work
Leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency
People and businesses who want specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment
People or Business expecting world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment
To serve and delight our customers by partnering with them
1. Vehicles and products of latest technologies, innovations give Oshkosh a chance to lead in the markets 2. Leading supplier of concrete trucks to leading companies in the U.S 3. Also diversified into industrial machinery, vehicles, logistics, electronics and other
4. Strong financial position and good market reputation
1. Weak performance in international markets compared to industry leaders 2. Not a very strong incentive structure for Dealer network thus creating a concern amongst dealers
1. Market recovery provides a significant opportunity for Oshkosh to focus on getting back to average prior peak rates in markets which have been down during the Great Recession 2. Some international acquisitions which are in pipeline could bring new opportunities
3. Expansion and tieups in emerging economies
1. Rising labor wages in the U.S 2. Currency fluctuation losses possible due to the current downturn
3. Intensive cheap competition from Chinese and Korean counterparts
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oshkosh Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.