Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 4559
SWOT Analysis of BHP Billiton with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Diversified Metals & Mining
Mining and Manufacturing
Resourcing the future
World’s largest producers of major commodities, including aluminium, copper, energy coal, iron ore, manganese, metallurgical coal, nickel, silver and uranium along with substantial interests in oil and gas.
Industrial Segmentation – based on commodities it extracts
Customer sector groups (CSG) - iron ore, base metals, petroleum, metallurgicalcoal, energy coal, aluminum, stainless steel materials, manganese, and diamonds and specialty
Provides diversified, low cost commodities
1. Strong market position – Good return on assets owned
2. Diversified revenue stream and strong financial position
3. Marketing is done centrally for all CSGs
4. Very strong international brand name
5. Strong workforce with over 45,000 employees
6. One of the largest petroleum and mining companies
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.