Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2601
SWOT Analysis of ICI Paints with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Industrial Products and Chemicals
DULUX-A Theme for Every Dream
ICI Paints now a part of Akzonobel family
High income, middle class group, rural market
Home-owners, construction, commercial and industrial maintenance,
Leading Decorative and Industrial Coating brand with continuous innovation and R&D
1. ICI paints is now a part of Akzonobel family which makes its visibility very strong. 2. It is amongst the top in the world in the decorative paints category. 3. Its critical success has come from deployment of technology, innovation, strategic marketing and promotion of the key brands. 4. ICI paints has strong sales & distribution network in over 30 countries.
5. It is leader in external and internal coatings for food and beverage cans.
6. Its brands are well established and they strongly emphasis on customer service, branding and innovation with 3.5% of their revenues being used in R&D
7. Dulux is the most treasured brand and has maximum visibility in cities its premium pricing strategy eradicates any doubts regarding lack of quality in the minds of the consumer.
1.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem. 2.Due to presence of other major brands, their market share is limited
1. Emerging economies like South-East Asia and Latin America. 2. Besides providing paints for metal packaging it also must look at exploring growth opportunities in non-metal packaging, especially with Polyethylene terephthalate. 3. Introducing more eco-friendly and durable products.
1. Being part ofAkzonobel may overshadow the brand equity built by ICI paints and its various sub-brands. 2.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 3. Raw material scarcity and volatility in prices.
4. Paint being a fragment market the company faces stiff competition which is region-specific.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.