Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 3423
SWOT Analysis of Shalimar Paints with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Shalimar Paints Limited
Industrial Products and Chemicals
Zara hatke socho
A strong established national brand with presence across both decorative and industrial paints.
Decorative and Industrial segments
Institutional and retail customers across all price-bands.
A complete Paint Company offering paints for each segment in each price-bracket.
1. Shalimar Paints was first large-scale paint manufacturing unit in South-Asia, hence has vast experience in this industry. 2. Shalimar Paints offers wide range of decorative products both in interior and exterior categories and it offers paints at all price bands thus catering to customers in all segments. 3. Introduction of tinting systems at dealer locations has helped customers a wide choice of 9000+ shades.
4. They are pioneers in industrial paints category as they have association with Pinchin Johnson Co. & International paints.
5. With products in marine coating, High performance Coating, packaging and General Industrial, they are 3rd largest in the industrial paints category.
6. Currently 3 manufacturing facilities strategically located at Howrah, Sikandrabad and Nasik which jointly have capacity of 57000 tonnes p.a
7. Company has good Pan-India presence with well-established Sales & Distribution Network
1. In spite of having the first mover’s advantage in the paints industry it lags behind Asian Paints, Berger Paints, Akzonobel in many segments. 2. Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem.
1.Shalimar is introducing a Self-Clean Paint: paint with a new technology that doesn’t allow water to stay on walls, it turns water into tiny balls that roll down the wall taking dirt away. 2. New Facility at Chennai is under construction stage would increase the capacity by 18,000 tonnes p.a and would cater to South India. 3. Current Mfg. facilities stands only approx. 1/3rd of the land available, hence there is a great opportunity of expansion if desired.
4. Continuous R&D provides scope of reduction of VOC and HAP, develop more eco-friendly products which have high potential growth.
5. Tremendous growth opportunities in Rural India
1.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 2.Raw material scarcity and volatlility in prices. 3. Competition from national and international brands as they target India owing to its large market.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shalimar Paints. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.