Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 7708
SWOT Analysis of DuPont with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Industrial Products and Chemicals
The Miracles of science
One of the biggest three chemical companies in the world
Industries and organizations
Complete portfolio of refinish brands to the automotive refinish industry and original equipment manufacturers.
1. Du Pont performance coating is world’s premium supplier for automotive coatings and is known for its product quality and customer satisfaction. 2. DuPont has over 60,000 employees in the organization and is present in over 80 countries 3. Company is geographically diversified which helps company grow and reduce the impacts of slowdown in any particular country. 4. Company has broad business portfolio; besides automotive coatings they are also into construction, energy solutions, food, healthcare, manufacturing, plastics and textiles businesses.
5. Company spends heavily on R&D as it believes in continuous innovation to remain leaders and pioneers in automotive coating industry.
6. DuPont’s Knowledge Centers & Innovation Centers provide all the required infrastructure, facility and ambience for innovations as DuPont is a market-driven science company
1. Stagnant market share in the category due to stiff competition in a relatively stagnant economies. 2. It is only into automotive coatings industry unlike many other competitors who are into industrial as well as decorative segments industry.
1. Strategic mergers and acquisitions of relatively smaller firms in star & cash cow segment of BCG matrix. 2. Entering into emerging economies in Asia with aggressive marketing and pricing strategy to develop a strong foothold. 3. Introducing more Eco-friendly & energy efficient products and use that as USP.
1. Economic meltdown like the one Europe is facing now 2. For a Company with heavy reliance on R&D protection of Intellectual Property Rights is very essential. 3. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products, manufacturing facilities-outputs and wastes.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DuPont. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.