Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 17342
SWOT Analysis of Asian Paints with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Industrial Products and Chemicals
Merawala blue; Har ghar kuch kehta hai ki ;Ask Aparna
India’s biggest brand with widest reach.
Caters to all segments with brand Royale aimed at premium segment and rest at mass market.
Home-owners, industries-hotels, education, healthcare, agro & manufacturing equipment and automobile etc. infrastructure, govt. buildings
A complete array of products to cater to everyone.
1. The largest paint company in India and third largest company in Asia
2. They have over 50% of market share and are clear leaders decorative paints and are strong competitors to Kansai Nerolac Paints to be leaders in Industrial paints and coatings.
3. They operate in 17 countries and have 24 manufacturing facilities providing service to 65 countries all over the world.
4. Asian paints has strong international presence with its four 4 subsidiaries; Berger International Limited, Apco Coatings, SCIB Paints and Taubmans. 5. Most renowned brand in Indian Paint Industry & its strong customer focus and innovative-spirit has made it market leader since 1968. 6. Superior technologies deployed to achieve maintain the competitive edge for eg. Supply chain management system that integrates plants, regional distribution centers, outside processing centers etc. hence they have strongest supply chain system with
7. They have maintained their brand name and increased awareness by unique ways of advertising and roping in celebrities like Saif Ali Khan.
8. The company has strong financials.
1. Limited market share in industrial paints segment with Kansai Nerolac and Akzonobel giving stiff competition. 2.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem.
1. Big an international standard paint company it should look for more opportunities abroad 2. There is a good scope for growth especially in industrial paints category 3. Needs to have more focus on Automobile industry in industrial paints segment
4. Competitors are going for Hi-tech process and Asian paints with good financial and intellectual capital can go for hi-tech.
1. Growth prone to slowdown effects 2.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 3.Raw material scarcity and volatlility in prices.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.