Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1144
SWOT Analysis of Black & Decker with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Power tools, hand tools, engineered fastening systems and related accessories
Performance in Action
World’s largest producer of power tools and power tools accessories
Construction and do-it-yourself (CDIY), Industrial and Security
Large business to small consumers
Building world-class franchises with sustainable strategic
1. A strong brand name for industrial tools which has helped it in improving sales and revenues
2. Diversified business operations with presence in almost all types’ industrial equipment, power tools, hand tools, engineered fastening systems and related accessories 3. A wide range of product portfolio providing tools and solutions that make life easier 4. High emphasis on sustainability have driven revenue and operating income
5. The strategic acquisition of Jiangsu Guoqiang Tools (GQ) has given it a presence in mid-price point power tools in China for Asian and Southeast Asian markets expansion
6. A slowdown in GDP growth rates in various emerging markets around the world and the currency volatility, has not affected Black & Decker brand which has been growing organically at above-market
7. Over 25,000+ employees are a part of the organization
1. High dependence on US market for revenues 2. Very high unfunded pension obligations which has led to degradation of credit ratings by agencies
1. Potential to grow in markets outside US especially emerging markets 2. Growth potential of consumer electronic market 3. Acquisitions to expand into new product lines
1. Growth of players in Professional power tool segment is a big threat since it has been unable to penetrate this market 2. Stringent environmental rules could hamper growth in the industrial equipment segment
1. Danaher Corporation 2. Ingersoll-Rand Company 3. Snap-On Incorporated
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Black & Decker. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.