Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 492
SWOT Analysis of L-3 Communications with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc.
Aerospace and Defense Industry
Specialize in providing communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems
Electronic systems, aerospace systems, communication systems and National Security Solutions (NSS)
Military, other government and commercial customers
Prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions
1. One of the top defense contractors of US government employing over 45,000 people 2. Provides manufacturing as well as maintenance services 3. Diversification into maintenance means it is shielded against demand fluctuations in the market 4. Competitiveness in the market due to focus on Research & Development
5. Entrepreneurial culture of the organization enables it to have the speed of a small organization, while having the advantage of collective scale of a big organization
6. Strong customer relations ship amongst the business units
1. Lack of geographic diversity with major market share and dependence on the US market 2. Weak financial performance can derail future growth plans
1. Growth in Unmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV) market where it has made rapid strides in technology with acquisition of Thales Group 2. Emerging foreign markets 3. Order backlog is robust and new contracts are being signed which will help to register stable revenue
1. US Government initiative to consolidate defense sector 2. Economics slowdown and decrease in spending by US government could hurt revenues 3. Environmental rules and regulations will affect definitely have an effect on its profitability
1. General Dynamics Corporation 2. Lockheed Martin Corporation 3. Honeywell International Inc.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.