Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 3901
SWOT Analysis of Syngenta with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Syngenta AG –Merger of Novartis’ agri-business and Zeneca Agrochemicals (Astra Zeneca’s agri-business division)
Agro – chemicals
Bringing plant potential to life
World leader in agribusiness with a focus on meeting future demands, creating sustainable solutions to enable agricultural systems to be conserved and developed.
Customers/businesses primarily focused on agriculture that demands healthy & premium crops, along with minimal use of resources.
Growers/farmers dealing with commercial & ornamental crops.
Syngenta is an agribusiness company involved in the development, manufacture, and marketing of products that are designed to enhance crop yields and food quality.
1. Broad product base covering crop protection, seeds & seed care and lawn & garden 2. Wide geographic presence in over 90 countries with a workforce of 26,000 employees 3. Strong focus on innovative R&D, combining chemical and biological expertise to develop new technologies and drive land productivity 4. Strategic acquisitions to dominate the agribusiness sector and stand out as the primary supplier of agro-products and solutions.
1.Increased competition and expansion into highly volatile economies affecting profits 2. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector
1. Product approvals can increase Syngenta’s sales revenues, if the product achieves mass popularity & marketing. 2. Complementary agreements involving cross-license technologies, consolidated R&D efforts and termination of costly IP litigations can reinforce Syngenta top-tier market power. 3. There is an increasing need for improved agricultural production which forms the core offering of Syngenta.
4. There are tremendous opportunities for growth in emerging markets which can fuel an increase in the sales of Diverse Field Crops.
1.Environmental regulations pose a great challenge to the acceptance of crop-enhancing products, by economies focused on environmental & health safety. 2. There is stiff competition in each segment due to emergence of new products, technologies and increasing customer intelligence. 3. Many products are on the verge of expiry of their patents resulting in easier access to generic manufacturers for production of the same.
4. There has been a reduction of subsidies granted by the European Govt. which may lead to greater expenditure on R&D.
5. The practice of delivering products on credit may affect Syngenta’s results, if the customers, especially in developing economies, start defaulting on their debts due to the global economic downturn.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.