Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2128
SWOT Analysis of Praxair with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Making our planet more productive
Praxair is a global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies.
Businesses catering to manufacture of industrial products which require air and other gases as utilities.
Industrial products manufacturers such as metals, healthcare, F&B, energy, aerospace , chemicals, electronics, etc.
Praxair is focused on making our planet more productive by helping our customers become more profitable, efficient and environmentally friendly.
1. Diversified geographic presence in more than 50 countries with approx. 26,000 employees 2. Strong top-line performance increasing revenue growth 3. Wide business portfolio serving to vastly diverse industries and customers 4. Praxair received 2 awards from the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) for outstanding environmental performance. In addition, it received an Environmental Recognition Award for its “Go Green” program in the pollution prevention category.
1. Increasing debts for the company have created a weak cash flow system, which is also affecting the company’s bottom-line 2. Lawsuits have been filed against some of the company’s manufacturing process, due to violation of certain critical environmental regulations
1.Construction of new plants, especially in emerging economies in the Asia-Pacific region, have increased the customer base of Praxair, thereby helping in earning better revenues. 2. New contracts with suppliers in the North American belt have aided the distribution network of Praxair. 3. Focus on Singapore operations, as an upcoming industrial center of the world, with facility set-ups & plant operation expansions.
4. Strategic business expansion initiatives with leading manufacturers of industrial gases, to curb down the increasing competition.
1. Environmental regulations have created modifications in the manufacturing processes, which is creating losses. 2. Foreign exchange risk, especially when the world is reeling under the pressure of another Global downturn. 3. Substitutes for renewable energy sources, such as Solar, wind and thermal energy, especially in North America , have come up to threaten the existence of Praxair’s products.
4. Frequent natural calamities such as Hurricane Katrina have added to the woes of the manufacturing plants, due to decrease.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Praxair. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.