Formosa Chemicals and Fibre Corporation SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1835
SWOT Analysis of Formosa Chemicals and Fibre Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Formosa Chemicals and Fibre Corporation
Formosa Plastics Group
Specialty chemicals, Plastics and Petrochemicals
Taiwan’s leading petrochemical manufacturer
One of the largest manufacturer of PVC in the world & petrochemicals in Taiwan
Businesses which demand sustainable & good quality products with a high emphasis on saving costs.
Businesses in the manufacture of commodities and chemicals like plastics, textiles, etc.
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation is principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of chemical products, plastic materials, textile products and fiber products.
1. Wide customer base spanning regions of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, the Americas, Africa, Europe, Oceania, Japan, South Korea and Southeast China. 2. Large business division comprising of 3 petrochemical, plastics, rayon, nylon, textiles and engineering division. 3. One of Taiwan’s top petrochemical companies and the world’s no. 2 producer of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). 4. Pioneers in Naptha Cracker process technology with 3 petrochemicals plants producing 110 million tonnes of benzene, toluene, synthetic fibers, polyvinyl chloride and detergents on an annual basis.
1. Market reach & network is very low, due to which alternate products are getting sold in the marketplace. 2. Naptha cracker process is old & highly inefficient, due to which product quality suffers
1. Steadily growing Asian markets can be captured by undertaking process de-bottleneck and capacity expansion. 2. Can become a steady supplier for downstream operators in the region and work with them to make the products more competitive. 3. Distribution centers set-up in order to target the mainland China market.
4. Seek strategic alliances to gain access to marketing channels and expand the company’s market domain.
1. New technologies emerging in the world for the manufacture of petrochemicals.
2. Smaller players with access to Asian markets are creating intense competition for the company’s products. 3. Environmental regulations creating losses for the company, which has to look for alternate process for manufacture of its products.
1. BASF SE 2.Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan) 3.Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.