Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1983
SWOT Analysis of Petronas Chemicals with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Chemistry for Growth
Market leader in the production of chemicals in Malaysia
Businesses focused on achieving improvement in production capacities and international trade
Businesses in the manufacture of industrial products and in the trade of oil and gas
Leading integrated chemicals producer in Malaysia
1. More than 25 years of experience in the chemicals industry 2. Production capacity of more than 13 metric tonnes per annum, spanning the entire Malaysian belt 3. Strong liquidity position due to increasing demand for the company’s products in the international market 4. Efficient use of resources and strong focus on sustainable growth 5. Largest petrochemical producer and seller in South East Asia
1. Declining sales in international territories due to increasing fuel prices and substitutes available for the company’s products. 2.Decline in operational performance due to labor strikes
1. Joint ventures with Dow Chemicals and BASF on expansion of specialty chemicals in Malaysia and other parts of South-East Asia 2. LNG regasification facilities on the Eastern ports of Gurun and Vung Tau in Vietnam 3. Kimanis Power plant project initiated for the purpose of providing better electricity and power to the South-East Asian countries
1. Stringent laws and regulations for businesses in the oil and gas sector have forced the company to look for different methods of gas refining and production 2. Fluctuating oil markets with prices touching both the floor and the ceiling have adversely affected the company’s shares in the market 3. Increasing competition from oil and gas companies, especially in China
1. Saudi Basic Industries Corp 2. LG Chemical 3. China Petrochem
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Petronas Chemicals. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.