Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1890
SWOT Analysis of Sigma Aldrich with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Sigma Aldrich Corporation – formed by the merger of Sigma International Ltd. and Aldrich Chemical Co. in 1975.
Excelling in both chemical as well biochemical products to be used in scientific research as well as in the industry.
Customers looking for value-for-money products without compromising quality and performance.
Customers in the healthcare, life sciences, universities, government institutions and industrial sector.
A leading Life Science and High Technology company.
1. With more than 7,600 employees, the company operates directly in more than 40 countries and sells its products to more than 160 countries across the globe. 2. The company boasts of more than 1,87,000 products with more than 512 services, both direct and outsourced. 3. Strong supply chain and distribution network across all operating centers. 4. There has been a revolution of improved productivity within the organization and a surge in the cost-cutting activities across all domains.
1. Low operating margins due to cost-cutting initiatives means the company is not looking at sustained growth. 2. Limited global brand awareness as compared to a few leading companies
1. Strategic acquisitions of Isotec, Beijing Superior Chemicals and Instruments Co., Epichem Group ltd. and BioReliance have exposed the company to several new markets and avenues of growth. 2. India and China promise tremendous growth as the industrial outlook shifts towards emerging economies. 3. Bio-chemicals are becoming increasingly popular as pro-environmental solutions.
1. Increased competition from several big players in the specialty chemicals sector. 2. International trade regulations have demolished several export benefits enjoyed by the company. 3. Global economic crisis is affecting international operations and demand for the products, and cost-cutting would not be such a good option for the company.
1. Bayer AG 2. Brenntag AG 3. Johnson Matthey PLC.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.