Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1274
SWOT Analysis of Cliffs Natural Resources with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Cliffs Natural Resources
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc
Iron & Steel
A major global iron ore producer and a significant producer of high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal
Iron ore, high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal, Ferroalloys
Steel producers, energy industry, corporates
Achieving greater scale and diversiﬁcation in the mining industry through a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets
1. Market share leadership in the industry
2. Largest iron ore producer in North America through Consolidated Thompson acquisition in Canada, with some better quality assets through Portman in Australia 3. Sales are more focused on Asia for the future 4. Supply chain is well developed and mature, directly with steel company users
5. Strong financial position and good brand value
1. Not as diversified as some industry players
2. Still hasn't tapped emerging economies for business
1. Possible mergers with some West African DSO sources
2. Emergence into Chinese market allows for Cliffs to acquire large market share by lowering prices to undercut established powers.
3. Incorporating recent acquisition of Consolidated Thompson can provide Cliffs with large ore reserves and better penetration in China
1. Uncertainty or weaknesses in global economic conditions and reduced economic growth in China
2. Negative economic conditions may adversely impact the ability of customers to meet their obligations
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cliffs Natural Resources. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.