Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2794
SWOT Analysis of PPG Industries with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Industrial products and chemicals
Bringing innovation to the surface
Using breakthrough technologies to develop products and services that work together to deliver value
Performance Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Architectural Coatings
Aerospace, Automobile industry, Marine, Oil and gas, power industries
Cutting edge technology in industrial paints segment, high performance coatings.
1. PPG Industries is a leader in Coating solution technology as it operates and has manufacturing facilities in more than 60 countries around the globe. 2. They are efficient manufacturers and operate on latest technologies. 3. They are into diverse businesses hence helps them grow better. 4. It has established good JV with national brands in many countries, like its JV with Asian Paints and hence has made a conscious effort to grow in emerging economies
5. Strong brand reputation and consistent financial performance
1.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem
2. Presence of intense competition means stagnation of market share
1. Its ability to innovate and do R&D provides them an opportunity in developing eco-friendly products which are seen as products for the future with environmental regulation policies becoming stringent 2. Acquisitions and partnerships with firms in other developing nations can pave pathway for them to enter there.
3. More penetration in emerging economies to increase brand reach and availability
1. Volatility in raw material prices 2. Global economy is sluggish especially US is still vulnerable to another recession 3. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are being given more emphasis.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.