Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2447
SWOT Analysis of Lanxess with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Custom made specialty chemicals
Plastics, rubber, specialty chemicals and intermediates
Functional chemicals, inorganic pigments, liquid purification technologies (LPT), leather, material protection products (MPP), Rhein Chemie, and rubber chemicals (RUC)
Leading specialty chemicals company
1. The company operates in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific
2. The company is also engaged in custom synthesis and manufacturing services for small molecules and serves the needs of customers in the pharmaceutical, agriculture and specialty chemical industries.
3. Wide portfolio of products that caters to a wide customer base
4. Due to location at various geographic location, risk associated with geographic concentration is eliminated
5. It has speciality in rubber, plastics and other chemicals
6. Nearly 17000 people are employed by the company
1. Lanxess shut its Belgium butyl rubber, Texas EPDM plants owing to the weak market demand
2. Declining company financial position due to the economic turbulence
3. Antitrust proceedings against the company may increase its legal cost
1. Increasing focus on 'green tire' production
2. Acquisitions likely to strengthen the company's product portfolio
3. EPDM plant in China likely to help the company enhance its services
1. Huge weakening in demand forecasted for the rubber industry targeted by Lanxess
2. Volatile raw material prices
3. Risks associated with conducting business in foreign countries
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lanxess. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.