Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 1642
SWOT Analysis of Arkema with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
France’s leading chemicals producer
Industrial chemicals and performance products.
Industries including agriculture, refrigeration, automotive, chemicals and processing, coatings, construction, consumer goods, electrical and electronics, solvents and aerosols, hygiene and beauty, oil and gas, and packaging
Market leaders in most of the products offered
1. Arkema has strong global presence with 90 production sites in Asia, North Maerica, Europe and other locations
2. Employs 1,200 researchers and nearly 14000 employees with €150 million dedicated every year to R&D
3. Arkema has Complementary business segments and balanced geographical coverage and targets sustainable development innovations
4. World no.1 to no.4 on majority of the portfolio
5. Its subsidiary brands are Alphacan, Altuglas International, Arkema Inc., Ceca, Coatex, MLPC International, Oxford Performance Materials and Resinoplast
1. Reputation tarnished by Klesch’s allegation on the terms of the divestment by Arkema of the Vinyl Products segment
2. Honeywell sued Arkema for infringement one of its European patents to refrigerant compounds
3.The company has suffered a loss owing to the fluctuating financial situations
1. Increased presence in the emerging markets and targeted acquisitions can facilitate business expansion
2. Can leverage on the fact that there are few players on the world markets in specialty chemical segment
3. Arkema’s financial resources and financial structure will enable it to continue its development through external growth
4. The Arkema group plans to generate more revenues through higher growth regions
1. Threatened by the increasing raw material cost associated with the industry
2. Due to diverse global presence , patents and laws of different global location can be a threat to the smooth functioning of the business
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Arkema. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.