SWOT Analysis of Prior Scientific with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Precision optical instruments
Precision in Motion
Unmatched quality and flawless instrument manufacturer
Industrial scientific equipment
Research, health care, Telecom industry
Precision and customized solution provider for scientific equipments
1. Has won many awards for its microscopes. 2. Is an ISO 9001, quality managed company. 3. Provides customized solution to its customers. 4. Has all relevant data, manuals, software in website. (which is beneficial and useful to its customers)
5. Has a strong brand name in its industry (since 1919)
6. Product portfolio include motorized microscope stages, laser autofocus systems, fluorescence illumination systems and much more
1.Has a limited presence worldwide. Only present in majorly 4 countries. 2. Produces premium goods, which may be expensive for smaller companies. 3. Huge investment in R&D may reduce flexibility for Prior Scientific
1. Opportunity in other countries, all across the world. 2. Can enter into consumers market also, allowing a mass market reach. 3. Can tie up with telecom operators for its sale of microscope for optical fiber testing equipment.
1. High cost of production for Prior may allow other low cost companies to eat Prior’s market share. 2. Threats from renowned brands like Olympus, Nikon, based on their brand equity.
3. Unfavorable market demands and strict govt policies
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.