SWOT Analysis of Instagram with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Photo sharing application
Capture and Share the World's Moments
Instagram’s appeal - toning photos with its selection of mulitple filters
People wanting to share photos & videos online
All internet users
Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends and family
1. Ease of posting across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) 2. User base – 300+ Million monthly active users 3. Innovation – First social media exclusively for photos 4. Can leverage the strengths of its parent company ‘Facebook’-deep pockets
5. High quality employees
6. Availability of filters helps users to make their photos unique, event stylized
7. Direct Messaging (Instagram Direct) – instead of messaging to the world, you can message and even in a way engage in a picture conversation directly.
8. Strong backing of parent company
1. Privacy has been raised as an issue by certain users
2. Many similar social media platforms means limited market share growth
1. Product extension can boost presence
2. Increasing internet penetration & number of smartphone users 3. Rapid technological development
4. More advertising & marketing can increase product awareness
1. Entry barriers are less and hence other players can easily enter 2. Continuous innovation is needed to engage users; else users get bored of this application 3. Intense competition
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Instagram. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.