SWOT Analysis of Hoya Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
Focus on specialisation; specialised expertise in diverse segments
IT, IT solutions and life care
Hospitals, health care businesses, optics industry
A brand that continuously strives to improve the lives of its customers
1. Strong employee base of over 32,000 employees 2. Diverse presence in the three segments, with over 20 product categories in all 3. Low dependence on any one market for revenue and sustenance - most of its revenues are from life care segment, information technology segment 4. Acquisition of Starion Instruments Corp made it a strong global player in the medical devices market
5. Its product portfolio includes optical products such as photomasks, photomask blanks and glass magnetic-memory disks, contact lenses and eyeglass lenses using wavefront technology
1. The company witnessed a decline in revenues and profits over a period of time. Hoya’s revenues decreased which is a concern 2. Hoya also witnessed significant decline in profitability. 3. Weak financial position has led to weakened position to respond to changes in the business environment
1. Growing market for interocular lenses - According to industry sources, the global IOL market is expected to grow significantly 2. Growing semiconductors market worldwide is a huge opportunity which needs to be tapped 3. Growing medical devices market – supported by large aging populations in countries like the US and China
1. Exchange rate fluctuations will strongly impact Hoya as it has large international functions and operates in terms of the Japanese Yen 2. Intense competition from established players such as Bausch & Lomb 3. Rapid technological changes with which the company is not equipped to cope, given its weak financial position and large outflow of money in servicing the financing activities
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hoya Corporation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.