SWOT Analysis of Keyence with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
The complete source for sensing solutions
One-stop shop for industry automation tools
Retail chains, stores, corporate houses
1. Strong focus on new product development - Keyence incurred a substantial capital expenditure on new product development 2. Strong R&D focus - R&D costs constituted substantial part of the total operating costs of the company 3. Strong network capabilities - own network of warehouse centers spread around 40 countries that ship orders on the same day
they are received 4. Strong employee base of about 3500 employees
5. Its product portfolio includes sensors, barcode readers, vision systems, measuring equipment and digital microscopes.
1. Strong dependence on Japanese econom is a concern 2. Networks focussed mainly in western Japan 3. Relatively low global presence in comparison to competitors
1. Strong growth of the global control systems market 2. Keyence’s products are used widely in global automation and process control industry to make industrial processes faster and efficient 3. Keyence laser markers
utilize 3-Axis technology to mark product numbers, logos and barcodes – this industry is growing at a rapid pace
1. Disruptions due to natural disasters are a big threat as the company is primarily based out of Japan - The direct costs of the damage from the earthquake are huge 2. Radio frequency identification (RFID) tags are an innovative substitute for bar code and are fast eating up the market share of Keyence’s products
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.