SWOT Analysis of Ingram Micro with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ingram Micro Inc
IT and Technology
A very strong industry player serving over 185000 customers
Electronics, telecom and information technology equipment
Business enterprises and individuals
American company whch provides electronics and IT equipment
1. Strong employee base of more than 20,000 employees 2. Improving financial position - recorded revenues have shown a consistent growth 3. Improving profitability - The net profit increasing on a yearly basis showing improved operations 4. Broad portfolio of product offerings
5. Over 185,000 customers are reached with the help of over 1400 suppliers
1. Overdependence on third party service companies - almost entirely depends on third-party shipping and freight forwarding companies for
the delivery of its products 2. Ingram has various claims, lawsuits and pending actions against the company
1. Growth and expansion through strategic expansions - Over the past years the company has completed many strategic acquisitions 2. Growth through new distribution channel agreements and contracts with the likes of SAP, HP, IBM, Honeywell Scanning and Mobility 3. Growing software and services industry which is expected to grow globally
1. Intense competition - The company competes for product, price, service or solution offered. It also competes with companies specialized in local markets, such as Synnex Technology
International (Asia-Pacific), Digital China (China), Redington (Asia-Pacific), Express Data (Australia and New Zealand), Intcomex (Latin America), Esprinet (Italy and Spain), ALSO-Actebis Holding AG (Europe) and Metra Group (Asia- Pacific) 2. Rapid technological changes may be a threat as the company does not have strong R&D capabilities
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ingram Micro. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.