SWOT Analysis of PoundStretcher with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Every penny counts…
Quality and Style
Urban, Metropolitan cities
Middle to upper middle class (families on a budget who don't want to sacrifice quality or style)
Quality and Style
1. Poundstretcher stock a large product range, including food and drink, homewares, seasonal, cleaning and household products and many other ranges
2. Some stores also have a Pik N Mix in store, supplied by Candy King, thought to be inspired by Woolworths' demise
3. Offer great value on everyday items such as food, toiletries and household goods
4. Big savings on big brand names on everything from baked beans, sugar and soft drinks, to shampoo, toothpaste and washing powder
5. Poundstretcher expanding throughout the UK, this expansion has created a wealth of opportunities for motivated and driven individuals who thrive on a challenge as they make their mark upon the Company's history
6. Has its presence over 400+ locations
1. Highly competitive market and also presence of unorganized market affect margins and profits
2. Brand is restricted to the UK for its entire business
1. Opening of new stores in the UK
2. Exploring global opportunities with similar concepts
3. More branding and user engagement and also expanding product portfolio
1. UK retailer Poundstretcher has invested $1 million to build a new branch in Zambia in a bid to expand its market reach across Africa. The difference in cultural and legal aspects is a threat.
2. In food and Toiletries vertical, competitors have edge over Poundstretcher
3. Increase in store area would give more space SKU shelving
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PoundStretcher. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.