SWOT Analysis of Casey’s General with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Retail/ Convenience stores
Lifestyle and Retail
A convenience store and a whole lot more
Providing quality products at competitive prices in clean stores at convenient locations
Vehicle owners requiring stores and gasoline
Small towns and highways which have less competition and are not catered for
Convenience store in rural America
1. Pursuing a small town strategy where it enters smaller towns that have not been captured
2. Being the only grocery and merchandise store in the locality helps generate a lot of traffic 3. The prepared food segment like made from scratch pizzas have gained significant reach, generates traffic and increased margins 4. Reach and the brand equity developed over the years. Casey’s seen as a one stop shop for gas and groceries.
5. The company has more than 14000 employees
6. The brand has close to 2,000 stores spread across the US
1. Gasoline is the largest portion of revenues and is highly volatile in prices and commoditized. Margin expansion is nearly impossible 2. Debt created during the buyback of shares to avoid a hostile takeover
1. New distribution centers to capitalize on its small town strategy 2. Pizza and coffee expansions to delivery and variety 3.growth in the retail industry with convenience stroe industry being fragmented
1. Inflation, increasing the raw material costs there by reducing margin 2. Competition, if one of those bigger stores decide to open convenience store, it would cannibalize traffic 3.Credit card fees
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Casey’s General. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.