SWOT Analysis of Primark with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Associated British Foods
One of the largest clothing retailers in Europe
Youth primarily in the ages of 16-30 years
Fashion conscious individuals
Latest Fashion at Reasonable price
1. Employs 50,000 people all over the world 2. Primark has an extensive range of apparels including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, lingerie, footwear, accessories, hosiery and homewear 3. Profits increased at constant currency and increase its reach also 4. Primark has made its ethical trade programs even bigger by increasing presence to 7 countries which help maintain Primark source sustainable goods 5.No advertising costs, relies on Word-of-mouth advertising
6. Sales at Primark increased year on year 7.Paid long term compensation to the victim’s family in the Rana complex incident in Dhaka, Bangladesh
8. Strong presence across Europe with nearly 300 stores, also known as Penneys in Ireland
1. Due to slow economic growth of EU, it held back overall profit for the group 2. Outsourcing of the manufacturing of apparels may lead to inconsistencies in quality
1. Primark will continue to focus in Europe by opening further stores in many cities like Lisbon, Madrid, Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Vienna etc. 2. Primark should open stores in countries like the Middle east, India, China, South Africa, etc.
3. After extensive research, Primark will launch in North-east of the US
4. Sportswear is one of the fastest growing segment for Primark
1. Since all its stores are in Europe, it’s sales is dependent on the economy of EU which is on the low growth trajectory 2. No presence in emerging markets 3. Supply chain is vulnerable to natural disasters and other incidents
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Primark. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.