SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Cooperative group
Here for you, for life
Largest cooperative in the UK
Middle income group
Individuals from the middle class
Good quality products at inexpensive rate
1. About 100,000 employees serving in close to 5000 stores benefitting over 8 million members 2. It sold some of the businesses and made a profit 3. It is the largest funeral director with over 800 funeral homes 4. Established Cooperative young member’s board, to provide insight into views, issues and aspirations of young people aged from 16-25 years 5. Has a diverse portfolio ranging from food retail to banking 6. CSR initiatives include providing grants to local groups and voluntary organizations-more than 2000 in total, over 400 cooperatives received support etc.
7. Over 70,000 employees in the organization
1. Increase in corporate costs has eroded profits away 2. No major presence outside the UK
1. True North strategy, to be consumer-focused and provide them with real value, will help stabilize the food sector 2. Emerging markets like India, South-east Asia, South Africa etc.
1. Moody’s downgraded the bank credit rating 2. Group lost lot of money and had significant debt 3. Food industry impacted from contaminated meat products issue
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.